Why did we start taking photos? Have you ever had a moment where you thought “I want to remember this forever?” The thing about moments, as sweet as they may be, is that they end. Quickly, without warning they are gone. The great thing is, every time a moment ends, there is an opportunity to create an even better one. We take photos to encapsulate these fantastic moments. These moments that stop you in your tracks and bring joy to your heart. Photos help you remember that joy, but they also bring joy to others. Photos show us a glimpse of the community we share with each other.
Things Heather Loves
1. My family. Sorry guys, I know this is super obvious, but I can’t leave off my people (and cat). Pop in our house on a given Sunday afternoon and you will most likely find us in a giant snuggle pile on the couch. I’m so glad we created offspring that loves to snuggle as much as we do.
2. All things Angela Lansbury (the woman is a gift to humankind)
3. Agatha Christie novels (a good mystery is food for the soul)
4. Performing (I went to a school for performing arts, in college I was in an improv troupe, and now I’m in a local Richmond band called Sleepy Brother).
5. Going on adventures (These can be mundane tasks like going to the grocery or big trips abroad. I live by the philosophy that adventure is actually all around us waiting to be enjoyed).
6. Singing (Yes, I know this was mentioned under performing, but singing the way I mean it falls under its own category. I sing in my head, out loud, quietly or loudly in some fashion, for most of the time. In the car, much to Paul’s shagrim, I do what he likes to call Random Bits of Song Radio. That means I sing constantly, either consciously or subconsciously, in a stream of random songs pretty much on every car ride. Yes, I am that person, and yes, I am sorry. I actually can’t help it. I’ve tried.
7. People. Let’s hang, let’s chat, let’s go see a movie. I mean it.
Things Paul Loves
1. Hanging at home (See Heather’s first statement about family. I love my family as well, it just falls under the category of chilling. I’m all for a weekend without errands and to-do lists to energize myself.
2. The Timberwolves (If you want to root for winning teams, always root for Minnesota. Yeah, I know. Please don’t burst my bubble. I’ve been playing basketball with the same group of friends since elementary school. We might not be ready for the NBA yet, but we’re close….er than we were in elementary school.)
3. Being with my family (You didn’t think I was really categorizing my family under hanging out, right? Now I’m categorizing hanging out under being with my family. Man, I love those ladies. The one I married, the one who has my forehead, and the one who’s fur seems to cover every inch of our house.
4. Being Creative (Aside from T&H Photography, I work at a pretty awesome video post house in the heart of downtown Richmond. And if I still need to find a creative outlet at the end of the day, I just photoshop Angela Lansbury’s face onto a bouquet of flower stems to give my wife the flowers she’s always dreamed of receiving.)
5. Drinking coffee. (I’m not picky, I’ll just take a yama cold brew, please.)